01 March, 2009

the Clawson Family

Posting the pictures you took for us on my Facebook page was such the ego boost! We received so much positive feedback from family and friends. I wanted to pass on the feeling-good-about-yourself-feelings! I LOVE getting my hair done. Nothing heightens my mood like getting a good hair cut. So, I decided to treat someone to a new do! I took an elderly woman in our ward to get her hair trimmed and styled. The Lord directed me in this decision. I have actually been thinking about this sister for a couple weeks, trying to figure out what she needed. It just so happens that she is to give a speech this week and pose for pictures after. Like so many senior citizens she was on a very tight budget and couldn’t afford the luxury of a hair cut.

There are two things (complete minimization) in life that make me feel worried and helpless…animals and the elderly. I can’t stand to leave animals home alone and the thought of the elderly living alone, and helpless in so many ways, is too hard to handle at times. This being said, it’s painful for me to let myself get close to animals or older people, I know that sounds so horrible. But, reaching out to this woman has made me have more care and purpose. I’m looking outside of myself and my immediate family. I’m concerned and want to serve. I brightened her life and made her feel loved, but she made me ok with being involved and taking the “risk” of getting emotionally involved. So, no turning back. I now love this sweet little lady and will watch out for her and love every minute of it.












4 comments:

eve March 1, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

oh, i love these! all of them. they turned out awesome, what a photogenic family!

Angie Berrio March 2, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

Agreed!

Angie Berrio March 2, 2009 at 8:45 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joseph & Martha March 10, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

i love this pictures i also agree with eve they are a photogenic family gotta love them