10 June, 2011

Windows of Heaven




I belong to a church that practices a tithe. My inspiration for this photo came from the following scripture in the Old Testament.

Malachi chapter 3:

10. Bring ye all the titles into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.
12. And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.

So, there was an LDS-themed art competition that I wanted to enter, and I had this idea, but I never took the photo, and I missed the deadline.

I know a girl named Mallory, and ever since I first had the idea, I wanted to ask her to model for me, but I didn't know her really well, and since I'd missed the deadline anyway, I kind of decided not to do it. Then, I heard Mallory's family was moving, and I decided I'd better ask her quick!





Isn't she beautiful? Don't you think she looks like Jane Seymour in Somewhere in Time, which makes her one of the most beautiful people roaming the earth today?



I originally wanted to have her in a dungeon setting with a window above and she would be offering ten percent of something up to heaven, but my husband thought it was dark enough and all I needed was a light source and not an actual window. I think he was right.



Since we were in a creepy location already, I thought we should take full advantage of the creepiness.






Thanks Mallory!

2 comments:

Rena LesuĂ© June 10, 2011 at 10:10 PM  

Mallory was in my English class this year! I love the bathroom one. So cool.

Joyce June 11, 2011 at 9:47 PM  

these are really crazy amazing. I think you really created something inspiring and magical.