04 April, 2011

Tequila Mockingbird

Another teacher told me her student thought this was the title of the book they had been reading all semester. This is relevant, just keep reading.

Have you seen the video One Red Paperclip? A guy from Canada traded a paperclip up for a house. It went from a paperclip to a doorknob, to something else, to something else, etc. It took about thirty trades, but he got what he wanted. Then, he donated the house to the city as a landmark.

A UVU student is doing the same thing to establish a perpetual scholarship fund for the arts. She started with a pen and her goal is $70,000.

There is a workshop I want to attend in Los Angeles that costs only a measly $250, but I probably won't go if I have to pay cash for it, so I want to try and trade for it. But, I'm not trying to trade for charitable purposes like the above examples, so if you don't like my selfish intentions, please click away now.

So, will you trade with me?

All I need is for you to trade something of mine for something of yours. Ideally, you would trade something you don't need or want for something you do, but it would be bigger or better and might be valuable to someone else. Then, the trading would continue until the value is $250 and then I'd go to my workshop in LA, and everyone would live happily ever after.

What's in it for you? One of the items below.

To Kill a Mockingbird Tote (well loved)



8" Copper Core Pot (new in box) Ridiculous retail price of $110 still attached.



A Vintage Pram (baby not included)



A birdcage vinyl from the Goat Grin Studio. The bird is light blue instead of red. It's 16"x10" and (obviously) brand new.



A sitter/walker toy with a removable seat. It plays music and entertains kids long enough for you to wash the dishes or fold the laundry. It's intended for kids much younger than this one, maybe 4 to 18 months.



I'm anxiously waiting your email!

1 comments:

Sacajawea April 7, 2011 at 10:32 AM  

I will trade you a non spectacular (a little banged up) changing table and baby bedding set for the pan. (I don't know if you'd be able to trade those items or not - but I think you could sell them for something.